First of all congrats to Spain for winning the World Cup. With that said it is not often that developers share the statistics and usage of their BlackBerry apps. Polar Mobile sent us the high level stats on how users engaged with their popular & free World Cup App simply called WC2010. I did not even follow the World Cup closely and I was impressed with the app. The app was out for the whole 30 day tournament and it looks like it was a real hit.
Here are some of the numbers:
- 265,000+ App downloads (subs) in 30 days
- 43% of subs used the App everyday (on average)
- 11 page views per active user per day (on average)
- 98 page views per user over the 30 day period
- 15% of users shared the App with a friend by email
- 5% of users shared feedback on the application
- Users in over 50 Countries, top 5 included (in order): US, Indonesia, UK, Canada and South Africa
If you are interested you can check out more details at this link. It looks like sport apps are huge for BlackBerry users and I really hope apps like this and Score Mobile keep on coming!