Review: SplashID From Splashdata.com
Price: $29.95 60 day money back 30 Day trial
Use: Password managing utility and encryption
Most people use the internet to either check email, conduct business and do their shopping. What protects us in the internet is a well though out password but with so many accounts is usually hard to remember passwords and sometimes we tend to choose an easy password giving up some of the security. SplashID let me test their application and I am very impressed with their application.
Setup: The setup process is easy, you can download the Blackberry application OTA, and it also comes with a desktop application that Syncs with your BlackBerry application. The application is available for Windows and MAC requiring BB OS 4.2 and newer. The applications comes with an executable file that will automatically install the settings on your computer. Once installed the application ask you to create a password to use both on the PC and the BlackBerry it must be the same so that it syncs. The BlackBerry Application can be downloaded over the air for 4.5+ or for OS 4.2. After download every time you open the application either on the PC or BLackBerry it ask you to enter a password. This means all you need is one password to access all your data.
UI: The user interface is nice and simple, organized and it allows for customization of colors, and setting font size. You can set the application to lock in the background or after a time out.
To enable synchronization, double-click the Synchronize icon in the BlackBerry Desktop Manager:
- On the right side, select “Add-ins.”
- Check the box that reads “SplashID Intellisync Add-in,” then click OK.
- On the right side, select “Synchronize.”
- Check the box that says “Run add-in actions.”
- Click the Synchronize button to perform a sync.
Another feature included on this application is WI-FI sync.
- ever forget a username or password again – ever
- Secure and backup your passwords, credit card numbers, registration codes, PINs, and more
- Generate truly random passwords hackers cannot guess
- Protect yourself from identity theft, keyloggers, and phishing
- Best selling password manager with over 500,000 users
- Filter records quickly with the on-the-fly Lookup field
- Tree View provides an alternative view of your records
- Updated icons provide quick visual access to your records
- Select unique passwords with our generator’s strength meter
- “SplashID is my Fort Knox for passwords and confidential records – I don’t know how I lived without it.” Now even more secure:
- Lock your data using 256-bit Blowfishencryption security
- Set a hint to remind you what that strong password might be
- Password lockout after 10 failed attempts keeps you safe
- Included SplashID Desktop for Windows or Mac OS lets you easily view and edit your sensitive personal information on your desktop computer and synchronize with your Handheld. Customize how you browse your records with 2 additional views – Panel View (above) and Tree View!
- Tree View
- List View
New Key Features:
- Enhanced security – AES and Blowfish encryption, auto lockout after 10 failed attempts, password strength meter, and password hint option
- Desktop web browser plugin with web form autofill (Safari and Internet Explorer)
- Attach files to records for secure retrieval at a later date
- Add custom icons to records from any image file (48×48 PNG recommended)
- Smart Types (Most Viewed, Recently Modified, & Recently Viewed) help you get to your most popular records faster.
- Sync multiple SplashID databases (with other version 5 BlackBerry databases only)
- Enhanced Lookup feature instantly displays relevant results as you type
- Email and share securely encrypted SplashID files to other users
- Toolbars give you button features where they are needed the most
- Updated icon set with enhanced high resolution graphics
- Unlimited number of customizable record types and categories for storing all kinds of confidential information (usernames, passwords, bank accounts, credit cards, registrations, insurance, perscriptions, and more)
- Synchronize data between your BlackBerry and your Windows or Mac destkop using the included desktop software, via USB or Wi-Fi (if available). Mac sync is Wi-Fi only.
- Automatic password generator – for generating random hacker-safe passwords based on user criteria
- Complete backup and restore feature
- Set URL field in your records to deliver you to the correct address every time — completely defeats phishing
- Sequential backup system
This software may not be for the average user but if you are one of those that values security and carry a ton of paswords and data on your BlackBerry this software will make it easy. One Password will allow you access to all your sensitive data on your Blackberry. The application also locks after you exit it so every time you need to access it will ask you for the password again to protect your sensitive data. If you ever lost the device you know all that information will be saved and you will have a copy of it backup to your computer. Overall the price is a bit high but if you plan on storing important data and the convenience it offers I believe is worth the price tag on it. Not for regular users who only have a few passwords to remember.