With the latest rumors and whispers from RIM everybody is wondering what they will do with the Storm line. We have already seen the 9800 as what RIM will do with the Bold line but many people are wondering if RIM will maintain a touchscreen only device on the market. Salomondrin has been pretty solid in terms of rumors in the past and the latest word he heard on the street is all about the BlackBerry Storm 3. The tale he spins sounds amazing and I am really hoping RIM is planning on actually releasing this device. It includes all the goodies from LTE to a 1GHz processor with 1GB of RAM.
So far the preliminary specifications and details that Salomondrin posted are:
- Its being tested by a very limited team (preventing leaks).
- The phone’s shell is still the Storm 2’s shell with different guts though (To make it hard to identify if the phone is lost or photographed).
- It does have a 1ghz processor.
- 8 GB internal memory.
- 512MB flash memory was what they saw first, but apparently they are now playing with these test phones and have over 1GB of flash memory.
- It won’t run on OS 6.0. Its going to be running on an OS of its own. <– Really exciting
- The phone does have the ability to run widgets and you can personalize it A LOT.
- 5 MP camera still on it as off now, but like we saw on the 9670, this can change.
- The screen will be something new we haven’t seen yet (new input mechanism) ,but it won’t work like the Storm 2. Yes, it will have SURE-PRESS, but I’m not sure how they are archiving it this time.
- Its going to be Verizon’s 1st or 2nd LTE phone. They aren’t sure if the Android phone will be first or the Storm at this point.
What do you think? If RIM would to release such a device would you buy it?