Just last week we told you about a new website source for Engineering Screen codes for your BlackBerry. I mentioned in that article that I would love if somebody could turn the generator into a BlackBerry app. Keeper & Louis let us know that NguyenLong has created a on device app that generates unlock codes which is awesome! You can pick up the free app OTA at this link.
To use the app you need to:
- Press ALT+SHIFT+H to get to the Help Me Screen and remember the uptime it lists
- Press ALT+BB-Button to switch apps back to the homescreen
- Launch the eScreen generator app
- Type in your uptime and select the duration of days you wish the screen to be activated for
- Hit the menu button and select Get Key
- Jot down the key it generates and press ALT+BB-Button to switch apps back to the net_rim_escreen_app also called the Help Me Screen
- Type in the key you jotted down in the step before and type it in (you will not see anything) using ALT for numbers
- You should now see the engineering screen!
Alternatively you could just use this website. In case you didn’t catch our article about engineering screens back in May there is a hidden Engineering Screen in the BlackBerry OS. It contains a ton of options and views into what you device is doing and how it is running. The screen is definitely for the geek in some of you to see and tinker with your BlackBerry’s OS. You can see some sample data in the images above.