When people first mentioned vnbbUtils I hesitated mentioning it because part of the functionality could be used for nefarious purposes. On the other hand in the past few weeks since I started using it I have found it invariably useful for the functionality it provides. So I decided to mention it and just warn you that stealing applications makes it harder if not impossible for developers to maintain them and produce more. To pervert Atharva Veda’s quote “vnbbUtils is a double edged sword, it has power and is capable of accomplishing both useful and destructive feats.”
With that said below is a nice list of the features found in vnbbUtils. It is kind of a mix between BBMCP and JL_cmdr with some escreen activation built in. It allows you to:
- Get information of the BB that connected to your computer (automatically detecting BB is connected/disconnected to/from the computer). Providing this information for OTA Downloader and EScreen Activation code generator. Especially, it help OTA Downloader simulate the environment of your BB to download the suitable version of software with your BB model and ROM version.
- USB Driver: Install USB Driver for Blackberry. If you have not install BDM yet, Computer can not recognize your BB as an USB Drive. Only click on USB Driver button, that problem have been resolved, BDM free. This driver is only for USB Drive, not for BB device manager, so if you want using full functions of vnbbUtils, install BDM is required.
- Set Time: Synchronize system time of your BB with computer
- Generate code for the Activation of Engineering Screen
- Take a screenshot of BB Screen and save as a JPG image file on your computer. Create a Video Stream of BB Screen and save as AVI video file (record the activities of BB-screen, video recording in AVI format)
- Download software for BB from OTA link to your computer. This feature has been improved superior to other OTA Download utilities, allows you to download from the site that check terminal connect to as Google, Opera Mini, mopipocket … Downloaded Softwares are stored in folder vnbb\OTA\App_Name
- Create ALX file to installed by BDM. Created from JAD file or Cod files that available.
- Create JAD file to install from SDCard. JAD is created from ALX or Cod files.
- Convert JAR to COD(s): this feature allow you to convert JAR file to COD & ALX.
- Load Cod(s): lets you install software from Cod files to BB directly. But I prefer to using Install from JAD
- Install from JAD: lets you install software on computer to BB from the JAD file easily and quickly. Helping people who using old BB model (do not have memory card) can install software normally without opening BDM.
- Read system modules installed in the BB then:
- Save modules. Necessary in case of backup applications or store applications installed directly from your BB Browser to computer.
- Delete unnecessary modules, optimizing memory of your BB. There is a option that allows you choose to delete these modules on computer also.
- Read the information in the Event Log
- Delete Event log to release memory.
- Wipe Device at low-level, this function help you when you want to upgrade OS
- Factory Reset: remove IT policy.
You can find the app free at this link on the VNBB blog. Let us know what you think of the app in the comments.