There are quite a few flight tracking apps out there but FlightTrack promises to be the best in their description. Supposedly even the New York Times called it “Brilliant.” I can neither confirm or deny that but they want you to pony up $4.99 to check it out. The app goes a little further than the completion by letting you track domestic and international flights with real time updates and maps. It will also notify you on gate delays and cancellations.
- View live flight tracking maps
- Track domestic and international flights.
- Covers more than 5,000 airports worldwide.
- Check gate numbers, delays and cancellations.
- Airtime, aircraft, and speed & altitude (US).
- Offline mode for use in airplanes, maps still work
- Predict flight delays with airport warnings and historical delay forecasts.
- Pro-level flight status coverage rated #1 by the WSJ
- Save flight itineraries up to 11 months in advance.
- Add flight notes for seat numbers, confirmation numbers and more.
- Share flight status with friends and colleagues.
- Review weather radar and forecasts.