One of our tipsters let us know that RIM is working on a new version of their eBay app that will fix some of my complaints with it. Currently the beta app RIM has does not offer seller features for sellers to view their listings and how their sales are going. This is all going to change with the upcoming version of eBay for BlackBerry.
The new version will let you:
- View items for sale/items sold from your BlackBerry smartphone
- Re-list an item exactly as it was listed for sale directly from your BlackBerry smartphone
- Receive notifications when your items have sold
- Ask a seller a question – buyers now have the ability to ask sellers questions about items for sale
- Support for both portrait and landscape mode on Storm devices
- An additional overview of the new features and functionality of eBay for BlackBerry can be accessed here
Our source is saying that this new version should be dropping soon so keep an ear to the ground for the update. I sure am excited. I have always wanted a good eBay app for my BlackBerry and the current one only does buying not selling.