I used to only be scared when saw people sleeping behind the wheel. Its surveys like this latest by Jabra that really scare me. They don’t give the details on how they gathered the information which is suspect but it still amazes me that this fits with how I currently see drivers on the road. As a pedestrian in NYC I play Frogger all day so when you read that 5% of respondents said they were playing video games while driving… you see what I mean?
Here are the findings Jabra released. (Obviously they have an ulterior motive of promoting headsets)
- The majority of respondents (72%) admitted to eating food regularly while driving
- 29% of respondents admitted to kissing others while driving, whereas a smaller, but surprising number (15%) said they’ve performed sex or other sexual acts while driving
- 28% confirmed they text while driving
- 25% admitted to changing clothes while driving, whereas much fewer (5%) have shaved while behind the wheel
- Nearly 25 % admits to styling their hair or changing clothes while the car is in motion
- 13% reported they apply makeup while driving
- 10% also reported reading newspapers or magazines while driving
- 5% confessed to playing video games, while even more (12%) admitted to writing or reading emails while driving
What do you think? Does this jive with what you do or see on the road?