YouMail let us play with a beta of the 2.0 version of their app and I have to say I am impressed with the upgrade. They have totally revamped the UI along with some nicely improved functionality. Tom let me know that the new version of YouMail is slowly rolling out to users in App World so I thought it was a good time to mention it now. If you don’t already see it in App World keep on checking at this link.
Check out all the changes below:
1) Streamlined User Interface
- The main screen now shows the number of new messages and each caller’s photo or avatar, which can be imported automatically from Facebook.
- The message play screen supports fast-forward and rewind, allowing users to get through their messages even more efficiently.
2) Enhanced Organization Tools
- Users can access any folders directly from the App, not just the Inbox, including standard Saved, Spam and Trash folders, as well as user-created folders.
- Users can turn their voicemail box into a “To Do” list by easily flagging messages for follow up directly in the App.
3) Improved Transcription Experience
- The play screen now shows more of the transcribed message text, lessening the need to scroll.
- Users can copy and paste directly from the transcription, allowing them to easily insert message text into searches or responses.
4) Faster Voicemail Follow Up
- The YouMail App is now integrated with the phone’s default SMS client, enabling users to easily reply to voice messages using TXT messages.
- Simpler menus allow users to easily forward and reply to voicemail while including the original voicemail as a MP3 or WAV file.