Tmonews has released an image with a release date of the white BlackBerry Bold 9700 on May 26. I had a chance to play with the white 9700 at WES and the device looks nice.
Another tip that came in to us is that T-Mobile is schedule to release a Fuchsia colored 85xx on May 19th a few days before the launch of the 9700 version. They also mentioned they already have dummy units of the white 9700. Tmobile is also said to be releasing an OS update to the 9700 with enhanced features. Our tipster also mentioned that they have 9700’s running OS 18.104.22.1686.
Improved features to include:
- Increased general OS stability
- Improved messaging experience su
- a separate icon for BES e-mail
- improvements to chat view SMS interface
- improved BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) client.
- General Visual Voicemail improvements
- Resolve 3G drop call issue
- Mobile Backup Support
- Improvements to TrackPad performance
Tmonews came across an article on the official T-mobile forums announcing that the OS update will be out TOMOROW May 18th.
If the dates hold true we are likely to see the launch of this devices in the next few days along with the improved OS update, and it would make sense if T-mobile launched the white 9700 pre-loaded with the updated OS. This dates are subject to change specially since the OS update was originally said to be release on May 11th.