I am not sure how we missed this but last week CNNMoney got its own BlackBerry app. Its slightly annoying that a business focused website brought their app to the BlackBerry last after making iPhone and Android apps but I guess late is better than never. At least they gave us a BlackBerry homescreen shortcut back in 2008.
The new CNNMoney app was developed by the great team over at Polar Mobile. The news is pushed to devices and works quite well. I got a chance to see it at WES and was impressed with how Polar Mobile managed to streamline the mobile publishing platform they build these apps on.
Features of the CNNMoney app include:
- Content delivered in real-time, direct from CNNMoney’s news feed
- Breaking News Alerts
- Push capability to send Breaking News Alerts directly to your BlackBerry inbox
- Customized stock quote and tracking
- Stock ticker, personalized to stocks you choose to track
- Market updates and index tracking
- Easy-to-share articles via e-mail or Twitter