Laurent let me know about his latest utility app called SuperClipboard. The app simply attempts to make you more productive by building in features for common actions done with your clipboard. For example you could copy something and just click the SuperClipboard menu option to Google it. Or you could use the same menu option to translate it or add that information to a new or existing contact. The app is nice and lean at about 20kb and has a free trial limited to five characters which is nice. SuperClipboard is available now in the store for $4.90 at this link. I am going to give it a spin and compare it to the other shortcut applications out there.
The features include:
- Google, Wikipedia, Yahoo, Amazon Search : search your clipboard on Google, Wikipedia, Yahoo or Amazon websites.
- Translate : use Google Translate to translate your clipboard in your language.
- Define : find the definition of your clipboard with Google define.
- New message, sms, event, task, contact and note : create a new Blackberry message, sms, event, task, contact or note populated with your clipboard (or a new blank one if your clipboard is empty : use SuperClipboard to switch between applications easily).
- Call : Call the phone number you just copied.
- SuperClipboard is available in Blackberry Applications menus : Messages, Browser, Memos, Tasks, Calendar, Phone and Address cards.