WorldMate just announced a partnership with American Express Business Travel to offer their service to all their clients. American Express Business Travel is supposedly the worlds #1 travel management company and they are planning on offering WorldMate to all their clients using BlackBerrys.
Just like regular WorldMate the service will allow American Express Business Travel clients to:
- Automatic itinerary synchronization
- Pop-up flight alerts accompanied by suggested alternative flights when necessary
- Calendar synchronization to add business meetings into the itinerary
- Sharing of itineraries with colleagues and business contacts
- Itinerary integration with third party mapping and navigation application
- Social networking tools allowing travelers to locate and connect with colleagues
- One-click access to American Express Business travel counselors
American Express Business Travel is currently piloting the program with clients but the full commercial rollout is planned for later this year. Should be interesting to see how it plays out. I can see other providers joining in on this like Orbitz to add differentiating features for their offerings.