John let us know that a new BlackBerry development book has been released by Apress. This one is focused on BlackBerry game development and was co-authored by Carol Hamer and Andrew Davison. The first review of the book on Amazon is poor but there really is not much out there in terms of recently published alternatives.
The book promises to teach you:
- How to build a custom user interface with your game’s theme
- How to take your graphics to the next level with SVG and OpenGL ES
- How to boogie on down with a MMAPI music player
- How to optimize your games with BlackBerry-specific APIs and tools
- How to program games for any BlackBerry device, from the earliest Java-enabled smartphones to models that run the latest BlackBerry 5 operating system
- How to build games for two players or the whole world with GPS, SMS, and the Internet
- How to create space adventures that may confound your mind with their awesomeness.
- How to drive a toy sports car from your BlackBerry using Bluetooth and USB
- How to sell your game on BlackBerry App World and beyond
Learn BlackBerry Games Development is available now on Amazon for about $36 at this link. Let us know what you think if you pick up a copy!