EA Mobile has been teasing us with demos of Need for Speed Shift 3D for what feels like ages. Need for Speed Shift takes advantage of the new OpenGL 3D support in the latest Storm2 9550 and makes the game look gorgeous. Trust me I played the game and it is awesome. It kind of makes me wish I had a Storm… It even uses the accelerometer for steering.
Need for Speed Shift 3D is selling for $9.99 in App World which is not unreasonable considering how advanced of a game it is. The weird part is that there are two different listings for the application. One for the US, Canada, & Japan at this link and one for every country EXCEPT the US, Canada, & Japan at this link… Sadly this game will only be available for the Storm2 because only the Storm2 and BlackBerry Curve 8530 have support for OpenGL and I am not sure the 8530 could handle it.
From the game description:
Experience the most visceral and aggressive 3D racing simulation for BlackBerry® Storm 2TM. Grab the wheels of the hottest high-performance cars on the Pro Circuit and feed your need for speed!
Fast Look at the Features –
- Drive 8 awesome cars, including the Mitsubishi Lancer, Nissan 370Z, Dodge Viper SRT10, BMW M3 GT2, Ford GT, Nissan GT-R, Lamborghini Gallardo, and Pagani Zonda
- Race on challenging tracks in Chicago, London, Dubai, and Italy
- Jump into Quick Race or dominate the circuit in Career Mode
- Build your own driver profile based on your driving style
- Immerse yourself in the enhanced 3D graphics for an authentically intense racing experience
Take a Real Racer’s Point of View – The dynamic camera angle gives you a hyper-realistic driving experience.
Get Precision Fingertip Control – Touch to break, swipe to activate boost, and activate drift with a quick tilt of your device. Finely tuned accelerometer steering and touch controls respond to you.
Choose Muscle or Performance or Both – Purchase, upgrade, and personalize cars in the Career Mode workshop.
Race to the Top – Get gold stars for winning events and bonus blue stars for driving with precision and aggression. Get enough, and unlock more thrilling and challenging events!