It has been a long wait for Xobni users. Xobni let us know that they have just released Xobni Mobile for BlackBerry on their website. Xobni Mobile plans on improving contact management on your BlackBerry by automatically creating rich profiles from the people you contact. It ranks contacts based on importance giving you a more manageable address book. Xobni has me right on the money claiming that users usually have 300 contacts in their address book. I have 326 and it is getting hard to manage.
Xobni does its magic by including all the contacts you have ever emailed or received emails from including characteristics like if you were CC’ed. They deeply integrated their application into the BlackBerry OS so that you can perform most of the functions with ease. They have also announced a new Xobni One service that shares your information between the Xobni Outlook and Mobile applications so things stay in sync.
- Email addresses for everyone with whom you communicate
- Automatic phone number extraction
- Access to contacts using Xobni within the email compose screen or in standalone application
- Prioritized contacts using Xobni Rank, which lists contacts by how often you communicate with them versus alphabetically
- Saving of Xobni profiles in the event of hard drive crash or lost phone
- Quick access to valuable information, including:
- One-click access to Facebook and LinkedIn profiles, including photos
- Recent SMS, phone calls and emails exchanged, and shared appointments
- Shared network of people
- Ability to send your calendar availability to all contacts
Currently Xobni mobile is only compatible with the BlackBerry Tour, Curve 8900, Bold, and Storm series devices so if you have a different device you will have to wait Xobni to support it. To download the application just head to www.xobni.com/mobile.
Xobni Mobile does not have a free option like the Outlook plugin. You can see the pricing options below:
- Xobni for BlackBerry standalone app: $9.99 one-time fee
- Xobni for BlackBerry with Xobni One: $6.99 one-time fee + $3.99 recurring monthly fee
- One-year of Xobni for BlackBerry with Xobni One: $39.90/year
Still Xobni provides enough of a value proposition that I think many users would be willing to pay for it.