Fandango released a BlackBerry application a bit back which let you purchase tickets from your phone which was missing one last feature. The missing link was that you still needed to go to the ticket dispenser to get your actual ticket. Fandango is testing out a new system in eight US cities where you ticket is delivered to your phone via MMS or SMS with a link to a 2D barcode. I am not sure why they could not also include email but hopefully that will come soon.
You can read more about the mobile tickets at this link below:
The initial test is only available in:
- New York: City Cinemas 1, 2 & 3, Angelika Film Center, East 86th Street Cinemas, Village East Cinema, Beekman Theatre, The Paris Theatre.
- New Jersey: Manville 12 Plex.
- Houston: Angelika Film Center.
- Dallas/Plano: Angelika Dallas; Angelika Plano.
- San Diego: La Mesa Grossmont Center, Clairemont Town Square Stadium.
- Bakersfield: Valley Plaza 16.
- Sonoma County: Rohnert Park 16.
- Hawaii: Ward Stadium, Kahala Theater, Kapolei 16, Mililani Stadium.
Let us know if you give it a spin!