There is not much meat here for us end users but it is always interesting to see what carrier support representatives are looking at when they help us on the phone. The BB Master sent us over some screenshots of the BIS 3.0 carrier admin interface for us to look over. I asked them if they saw any mention of 2 way Unread/Read Gmail sync but they saw no mention of it. I know the main feature upgrade for carriers was a new BlackBerry interface and BlackBerry Email Administration tool and I copied the features of that tool below.
From the RIM documentation about the new tool:
The new BlackBerry Email Administration Tool will offer new features designed to meet the current requests solicited from wireless service providers regarding Blackberry Internet Service (BIS). These new features are based on Carrier support staff feedback and will provide a more robust tool supporting their BlackBerry smartphone customers.
Some of the features include:
- A completely new user interface providing clearer, easier access to information and functions within the tool.
- The introduction of ‘Groups’ for managing support staff who utilize the system.
- Enhanced permissions capabilities for administrators to more easily define which features should be available to their support staff users.
- Link to BlackBerry Technical Solutions Center (BTSC).
- Expanded Browser support
- Additional subscriber search options.
Check out the screencandy below: