While the Amazon Kindle app for BlackBerry is still only available in the US, Daryl let us know they just released an update. The new updated version is 126.96.36.199140194 which has to be one of the longest version numbers I have ever seen…
I have no idea what is new in this version but it is great to see that Amazon has the app under active development.
You can pick up the app OTA or read more about it at www.amazon.com/kindlebb
- Get the best reading experience available on your BlackBerry. No Kindle required
- Access your Kindle books even if you don’t have your Kindle with you
- Automatically synchronizes your last page read and annotations between devices with Whispersync
- Create bookmarks and view the annotations you created on your Kindle, computer, or other Kindle-compatible mobile device
- Search and browse more than 400,000 books, including 101 of 112 New York Times® Best Sellers.
- Find New York Times Best Sellers and new releases for $9.99, unless marked otherwise
- Get free book samples – read the first chapter for free before you decide to buy
- Books you purchase can also be read on a Kindle, computer, or other Kindle-compatible mobile device
- Kindle newspapers, magazines, and blogs are not currently available for Kindle for BlackBerry
- Kindle for BlackBerry is available to U.S. customers only