VersaTool is the latest app from VersatileMonkey. We mentioned this All In One BlackBerry utility before and VersatileMonkey and I know some of you asked me about a giveaway so here it is. The app is really just a collection of tools that bring some much needed functionality to your BlackBerry.
VersaTool sells for a very reasonable $4.99 with a 30 day free trial so it cant hurt to give it a spin. I am really digging the ability to set apps to run at startup for Viigo.
Giveaway Details: VersatileMonkey has kindly offered 20 free copies of VersaTool to readers who comment on this article. Just leave your name and a valid email address in the email field and if you are randomly selected you will win a free copy! Comments must be left before Tuesday March 9th at 11:59PM EST to win and winners should hopefully be notified within a few days. Only one comment per user will be considered!
Official VersaTool features:
- Alarms: Set as many nameable and snoozable alarms using whatever ring tones you like for any combination of days and times
- Canned Responses: Save short or long email clippings and combine them to reply quickly to common emails
- Auto Reply: Use email/PIN/SMS filters to automatically respond to incoming messages with a Canned Response
- Home Screen Bookmarks: Bookmark URLs, popup menus, VersaTool applets and many other tasks to your BB home screen
- Popup Menus: Create menus to common tasks like emailing, calling or searching the web and assign them to home screen bookmarks or convenience keys
- Really Convenient Keys: The built in convenience keys limit you to one action: pressing a button. VersaTool allows you to assign actions to pressing, but also to pressing and holding and double pressing. You can also assign actions to the mute key and end key. Any action allowable by VersaTool is available as a target: Popping a menu, launching an app, launching a URL and more
- Run on Start: Have a favorite app that you’re always running that doesn’t allow run on start? Run on Start allows you to run any app when your BlackBerry starts up
- Run on Schedule: And why limit yourself to running things on startup? Run on Schedule allows you to schedule any action that VersaTool allows on any schedule you want
- Just Take the Picture: 9 times out of 10 when you want to take a picture of something, by the time you’ve got my BB out and unlocked you’ve lost the opportunity. Just Take the Picture allows you to take pictures from anywhere quickly, even while the device is locked (OS 5.0+ only)
- Tip Calculator: Are you deficient in basic arithmetic like I am? Tip Calculator will make sure your deficiencies don’t penalize your wait staff
- Unit Conversion: Need to know how many angstroms are in a meter? Easy peasy with Unit Converter
- Weather: Bookmark the weather for your city to your home screen and see the weather at a glance. The home screen icon always shows the current weather and highs and lows for the day
- Device Actions: Use scheduling or menu items to perform device actions like enabling wifi, taking a screen shot or locking the device
- More to come!
(These features use undocumented or hidden BlackBerry features that may not be available on all current or future devices and OS versions)
- Flashlight: (OS 5+ only) Use the brightest light on your berry, the video camera light, to show your way in the dark
- Standby: Set your berry to automatically standby when the backlight turns off
- Reboot: Schedule your berry to reboot to refresh your free memory