We told you what we had heard from our sources about RIM’s upcoming announcement of BESX for consumers but the team at BBLeaks got some more information that may interest you all. Hopefully this will all get cleared up with an announcement by RIM at MWC tomorrow… Still I tried to highlight the differences of our sources from what BBLeaks detailed below.
- Different to small BES (BPS) in terms of features and version number (V4.1.6 versus V4.1) (This is also different from the BES 5.0 like features that it is supposed to include according to our sources)
- Supports a maximum of 30-users - same as BPS Express BUT seamless upgrade to BES NOT available (This is different from the 1500 user limit we heard from our sources)
- Only connects to MS-Exchange
- Available in English, French, Italian, German, & Spanish languages
- Server provided FREE of cost as a download
- BIS devices can be connected to Magellan
- Therefore SME Customer can book the BB-Prosumer Tariff for Enterprise Service
- Customer has to pay $5 per user per month subscription, on-line, fee via RIM Portal
- BB Prosumer Service Fee still needs to be paid by MNO to RIM
A personal security device product that is user administered. BlackBerry Shield will address an existing solution gap in the BlackBerry by offering the ability for BIS wirelessly backup/restore for consumers.
- Over the Air calendar and contact Backup/Restore capabilities
- Remote Kill for device data wipe
- Shield will maintain carrier engagement as opposed to bypassing them
- English for V1, FIGS for V2