Once again RIM has come out recommending some BlackBerry apps to help you get through Valentine’s day in one piece. I am not sure how much an app is going to help you make the best impression but they definitely can help you plan and prepare. Still a well though out gift and/or night out on the town will win out any day.
Valentine’s Day Plans
- Looking for the perfect romantic restaurant? With Poynt, you can search for restaurants, read reviews and save the location to your BlackBerry. Once you pick the spot, add it to your BlackBerry calendar and email the restaurant information to your date. (Free)
- Forgot to make a Valentine’s Day reservation, and now you’re in hot water? Book your reservation with the OpenTable app. With OpenTable, you can see availability and reserve your table instantly. (Free)
- Looking for something even more special? Find events, shows, bars and clubs with Buzzd. Follow the "buzzdmeter" to see what’s HOT based on real-time Twitter, Buzzd and other social network posts. (Free)
- Trying to get in the mood this Valentine’s Day? Download the BlackBerry Valentine’s Day Theme. With light-up hearts and red writing, this theme will surely get you feeling the LOVE! ($4.99)
- Looking for an easy and fun way to send your heartfelt love note? Or, are you waiting until the last minute to pick up your Valentine’s Day card? With Hallmark Mobile Greetings you can connect and send instant wishes to that special someone. (App is free; $0.99 a card)
- Need a romantic gift fast? Send flowers and gourmet foods straight from your BlackBerry with 1-800-Flowers. Faster than a phone call, you can even order for same-day delivery to have it there ASAP! (Free)
- Use iGiftWise to get your gift right. It helps you remember things like favorites, sizes, potential and previous gifts, so you won’t give the same box of chocolates again next year. (Free)
- Want to be really original and thoughtful? Build your loved one a customized radio station on Slacker. Include his or her favorite music to make it a truly “harmonious” Valentine’s Day. (Free)
Let us know how you used your BlackBerry to plan and prepare for Valentine’s Day!