A few weeks ago a friend let me know about Desire2Learn and their partnership with RIM. Desire2Learn released a BlackBerry app, Desire2Learn2Go, which gives students access to their Desire2Learn Learning Environment LMS from their BlackBerry.
They recently launched a eLearning pilot for MBA students together with RIM and Rogers letting students view course details, communicate with classmates, sign up for study groups, and check grades all from a BlackBerry app. Pretty cool right? Makes me wish they had such a service when I was in school since we still had to look at billboards or call hotlines for our grades.
I had never heard of Desire2Learn before but they claim over 5 million “learners” use their service worldwide which is an impressive number. I am not sure if all of them have access to the mobile app but it is free to download at this link. Let us know if your school uses Desire2Learn and if the app works for you!
Key benefits of Desire2Learn are:
- Connect to any number of organizations, allowing you to manage all of them from a single interface!
- Achieve greater student engagement with a convenient to use mobile learning solution
- Provide for more effective collaboration for peer groups, students and teachers
- Increase interaction and communication channels between students and between the students and teacher
- Encourage enhanced usage of innovative technology for a wider range of students and circumstances
- Contribute positively to students’ autonomy, and motivation
- Support rich social practices built around simple but powerful and reliable technology, fully integrated with your existing Desire2Learn eLearning solutions