Craig let me know that he has finally published his book “My BlackBerry Curve” which is essentially a guide for BlackBerry Curve 83XX, 85XX, and 89XX series devices. Craig Johnston is a long time BlackBerry user and is a known for his CrackBerry podcasts and forum contributions. I am curious to read the book myself and will let you guys know if I get the chance.
Obviously such a book is not aimed at people who already know the BlackBerry inside and out. Rather it is targeted at beginner and novice BlackBerry users who want to learn how to make the most of their BlackBerry at their own pace. I know how challenging of a task this is since I am currently teaching both of my parents how to use their Storm & Tour.
Step-by-step instructions with callouts to BlackBerry Curve photos that show you exactly what to do.
Help when you run into BlackBerry Curve problems or limitations.
Tips and Notes to help you get the most from your BlackBerry Curve.
Full-color, step-by-step tasks walk you through getting and keeping your BlackBerry Curve working just the way you want. The tasks include:
- How to get started fast with any BlackBerry Curve: 8300 Series, 8500 Series, or 8900 Series
- How to make, receive, and manage calls and emails efficiently
- How to use the BlackBerry Curve’s powerful contact management and calendar software
- How to listen to audio and watch video
- How to connect to the Internet, Bluetooth devices, and your company’s VPN
- How to browse the Web from your BlackBerry Curve
- How to use the BlackBerry Curve’s messaging tools, including text, multimedia, PIN, and IM
- How to find, choose, and install new BlackBerry Curve applications
- How to connect with social networking sites and tools
- How to use Airplane Mode to watch videos, read emails, and listen to music during flights
- How to keep your BlackBerry Curve up-to-date, reliable, and running at top performance