We mentioned reQall back in February but it was still in Beta back then. They were recently mentioned in the official BlackBerry Connection newsletter so I decided to check out their solution again. I have to say I was quite impressed with the application. The idea behind the app is that you easily capture tasks and ideas by recording them and the app will integrate into Outlook or Google Calendar to remind you about them. The coolest part is that they have a free standard account that should work just fine for most users. There is a good comparison chart at this link between the two versions.
Check out more information at this link or download the app OTA at www.reqall.com/blackberry.
With a free reQall Standard account:
- Speak or type your reminders into your BlackBerry; reQall will convert what you say to text (up to 30 second recording time).
- Get your items organized automatically. reQall recognizes dates and times (including recurring dates) and certain keywords (“buy,” “meet” and “note”).
- Receive timely reminders via email or IM. In addition, reQall’s Standard Memory Jogger constantly displays a summary of what you need to remember right now.
- Share reminders with your friends, family and co-workers, using your BlackBerry’s contact list.
- Create To-Dos and Notes from your email, calendar, address book, memo pad and task list in your BlackBerry.
- Call, email, or browse from within reQall items.
- Connect anywhere your BlackBerry has a data connection, worldwide. If you work offline, reQall syncs itself when you reconnect.
With a paid reQall Pro account, you get all of the above plus:
- Organize your items by location. In addition, reQall recognizes “at home” and “at work” in your speech or text.
- Get up-to-the-minute memory assistance. Pro Memory Jogger constantly analyzes your situation (time, location and upcoming calendar items) and anticipates your memory needs.
- Add items by voice or text directly to your Google Calendar, Outlook Calendar and Tasks.
- Assign your To-Dos into groups that you create and name.
- Receive reminders via SMS text message.
- Create, delete and change the status of items via email.