The widget team at RIM is really pushing full steam ahead. They just announced the BlackBerry Web Plugin version 2.0 Beta1 for Eclipse and Visual Studio which is available now. Keep up the good work guys!
Beta1 of version 2.0 brings:
- Continued support for debugging and profiling web sites using the BlackBerry Browser
- New capability to also perform these web site debugging tasks on the BlackBerry Device Software version 5.0
- New support for building BlackBerry® Widget projects. These tools will allow you to create BlackBerry Widgets in a much more automated manner compared to calling the BlackBerry Widget SDK via the command line.
- New getting started page that will appear when you start using the tooling that will connect you with the right online resources, forums and content to speed your widget development.
You can find the tools at these links:
- Download BlackBerry Web Plug-in for Eclipse v2.0 Beta1
- Download BlackBerry Web Plug-in for Microsoft Visual Studio v2.0 Beta1
There are also BlackBerry Widget getting started videos for Visual Studio and Eclipse: