Felix From The DB Group developers of E-GPS have given us 30 free copies of this nice application to help you if you ever lost your BlackBerry or simply misplaced it.
One of the nice features of the BlackBerry smart phone is being able to remotely command your phone to do certain task. The E-GPS allows a user to send an E-mail or SMS to the stolen or misplace BB. You can tell it to wipe the device including SD card, Back up contacts, send you an email with its location. You can check out the video below for a demo of how the application works.
The application is available in the BR store on sale for $2.49 until November 29, 2009 or $4.99 after. This is a one time purchase you can get it at this link.
For more information read the application description:
An application for the BlackBerry(R) Smartphone. If you have ever lost, misplaced or had your phone stolen, or want to cover yourself in case it happens in the future, then this is the app for you.
It allows you to remotely send a command to your phone that will have your phone email you, its GPS location, your address book with all your contact information, as well as remotely wipe your phone and SD card to protect all of your information. Also if you have misplaced your phone at home or office, you can send an alert command, and have it ring, even if the sounds are turned completely off or set to vibrate. Once downloaded and activated, it runs in the background, and works by command, through email or SMS.
Why pay $3.99 per month, or $9.99 for similar services when you can pay $4.99 once?
- How it works:
- Once you Enable the program, you can send remote commands to your phone to make it back up your contacts, send its GPS location, sound an alert even when your phone is muted/on vibrate (so that you can locate it), as well as remotely wipe the phone and memory card.
- The commands are as follows:
- contactsxxxx (where xxxx is the pin you set) – to back up your contacts to your email.
- locationxxxx (where xxxx is the pin you set) – to send the GPS location of the phone.
- alertxxxx (where xxxx is the pin you set) – to sound an alert so you can locate your phone.
- wipexxxx (where xxxx is the pin you set) – to remotely wipe your phone and SD card.
- The commands can be sent via SMS or email.
- PLEASE MAKE SURE TO DO A BATTERY PULL AFTER ENABLING THE APPLICATION FOR THE FIRST TIME.
- IF YOU ARE A VERIZON CUSTOMER PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT YOUR GPS IS UNBLOCKED FOR THIRD PARTY APPLICATIONS!
The giveaway will run until Monday at midnight Nov 30th, to participate leave a comment below, no double posting is allow if we do see that you maybe disqualified. The winners will be randomly selected and announced within two days of the contest ending. Good luck! Thanks to Felix for the giveaway.