I am always shocked that there is no good app for tracking packages on your BlackBerry. You would think it would be a no brainer but nobody has really done it right. Viigo used to do it using SimpleTracking but it stopped working for me awhile ago.
The upcoming USPS BlackBerry app will have:
- Finding shipping status on packages and other mail
- Looking up ZIP Codes via GPS
- Finding Post Offices and Collection boxes via GPS.
Future updates will include:
- Sending real postcards through the mail
- Calculating rates
- Scheduling pickups
- Holding your mail when you go on vacation.
I am pretty impressed with USPS for being on the leading edge in this regard. Hopefully UPS and FedEx are taking note.