Chocolate Chunk Apps let me know that they have released Remote Print for BlackBerry. This cool solution lets you print wirelessly from your BlackBerry to your home PC printer over Wi-Fi or to a work printer over BES. I have seen apps like this before but none targeted to regular consumers from what I remember.
The program is actually two parts. You install a server app on the PC where the printer is connected and the client app is installed on your BlackBerry. You can then print emails, address book entries, memos, excel files, PDF files, and even images! I guess you could always email it to your PC and do that yourself but it is a pretty cool idea if you have a need for it. Let me know if you come up with some creative use for it. You can even use it just to send files to your PC from your BlackBerry.
Remote Print is currently selling for $9.99 on sale until Oct 24th after which it goes up to $12.99. Not the cheapest price but not bad. You can check out the details on how it works and more screenshots at this link.
- Native integration into BlackBerry email, address book and memo applications for quick printing direct from the menu bar.
- Print Office (Excel, Word etc) and PDF files! (requires Office/Adobe reader to be installed on PC).
- Print photos and image files (png, gif, bmp, jped, jpg etc) direct from your BlackBerry.
- Use the send option to send any file directly to your PC without printing: great for quick BlackBerry->PC file transfers.
- Inbuilt file explorer to select files or whole folders for printing/sending.
- For BES users, print to your office printer from anywhere – even without WiFi.