Back in 2007 Epocrates ported their RX Medical information app to the BlackBerry platform and it seems like the transition has been pretty popular. DavidB let me know that Epocrates Inc just announced that they have released their popular Epocrates Essentials app for BlackBerrys.
The most interesting part of their announcement is that BlackBerrys are Epocrates’ fastest growing platform with more than 20% growth among US physicians in the past quarter. I guess that means we will be hearing more from Epocrates in the future. I can’t pretend to understand half of what the features are in this application so I will leave the description to the experts.
The enhanced Epocrates Essentials suite introduces new content and features to the platform including:
- Thousands of in-depth, peer-reviewed disease topics developed in conjunction with the BMJ Group, publisher of the British Medical Journal
- Hundreds of diagnostic and laboratory tests for interpretation and diagnostic support
- Hundreds of brand name OTC drug products with drug interactions
- More than 600 alternative (herbal) medicines
- Infectious disease treatment guide with empiric and specific treatment recommendations
The Epocrates Essentials app can be picked up at this link for $159/year or $269/2years.