When AddOnis first told me they were out of beta I told them that their $15 price point was a bit to high for such a utility. Turns out that they listened and lowered their price to $9.95 on sale to $7.47 until Sep 30th. This little utility is everything from a call blocker to an alert manager and is a really handy utility. I highly recommend giving it a spin if you have not tried it during the beta period. They are also offering some reductions to people who purchased the app while it was $14.95. Still with all the features the app packs in the price is not that hard to justify anymore.
Giveaway: Twinkler Software has kindly offered up 30 copies of AddOnis to readers who comment on this article. Just leave your name and a valid email address and if you are randomly selected you will win a free copy of AddOnis! Comments must be left before Oct 4nd at 11:59PM EST to win and winners should hopefully be notified the following day. Only one comment per user will be accepted!
From the description:
AddOnis is the All-In-One utility that your Blackberry can not be without!
With the installation of only one small file, AddOnis adds features normally added by multiple utilities – and with AddOnis – all of these extensions have been designed to work together perfectly in harmony.
AddOnis extends system functionality, enabling features missing from the system that make your device easier and more efficient to use by adding all of the choices you always wanted to your menu selections.
AddOnis also adds features to the device, letting you selectively block or permit calls from certain numbers, adding options to various alerts, adding a configurable missed call indicator, providing In-Call notifications and so much more. Review the full feature list below for a complete listing of what AddOnis can do for you!
- Vibrate on call connect/disconnect, the vibration duration is configurable.
- Vibrate when ringing on incoming calls (in profiles, phone needs to be set to Ring ).
- Choice of vibration type, user can choose Pulse or Constant.
- After hang-up, the user is prompted to add new number to Addressbook or to update existing contact.
- Log incoming calls and outgoing calls to the Calendar, user can select different calendars and choose to log these events as private.
- In-Call notification at user defined periods during calls, the notification type can be set to Vibrate, and the vibration duration or tone volume are both configurable.
- Call Firewall with two working rules, Block Blacklist and Permit Whitelist.
- Call Firewall has two action modes, Hang-up and pickup and Hang-up . Each number added to Call Firewall can have its own action mode, or use the system default.
- Call Firewall can be configured to work in Fuzzy-Match mode (Prefix Blocking Mode).
- Call Firewall can block Private and Unknown Numbers.
- Blocked Call Log shows complete list of rejected calls.
- Call Firewall can be configures to block outgoing calls to numbers in the Blacklist.
- Support for Autolock or Autostandby modes.
- Autolock / Autostandby feature allows user configure the idle timeout before Device Locks or enters Autostandby.
- Configurable options to disable Autolock /Autostandby when connected to USB or on a call.
- Autolock /Autostandby can be automatically disabled by a user defined program list so that when a specific program is running in the foreground the feature is disabled.
- Configurable to Autolock / Autostandby device only when device homescreen is displayed.
- SMS Signature, allows adding SMS signature automatically when sending SMS (only supported in BerryAddon for OS4.6).
- Insert Emoticons into SMS/MMS/Email/PIN Message, these Emoticons can be easily customized.
- Send call log to Addressbook to create new contact or update existing contact.
- Allow user to choose Addressbook field to insert number into when adding new number or updating existing contact from number in Call Log (Home, Work, etc.)
- Send Call Log to Calendar to create event.
- Send Call Log to Tasks to create task.
- Send Call Log to Memopad to create memo
- Send Call Log to number lookup engine to reverse search number information.
- Send SMS/Email/PIN Messages to Addressbook to create new contact or update existing contact.
- Send SMS/Email/PIN Messages to Calendar to create event.
- Send SMS/Email/PIN Messages to Tasks to create a new task.
- Send SMS/Email/PIN Messages to Memopad to create a new memo.
- Send event to Tasks to create task.
- Send task to Calendar to create event.
- Open UTF8 format text documents in Memopad, and send memo to Calendar/Task/SMS/Email.
- Send Contact to Call Firewall Blacklist/Whitelist.
- Insert contact information into SMS/MMS/Email/PIN Message.