One of the features that came with OS 4.5+ was the ability to have multiple calendars. This can be a good and a bad thing. People were used to having one calendar that was synched and some users on BES are used to only having the one BES calendar. Now there is one for each BIS email address along with another one for Facebook if you have it installed. Sometimes my wife will send me a meeting request to my Gmail account instead of my BES account and then they don’t sync… You get the issue.
RIM has provided some instructions in this knowledgebase article on how to get around this multi calendar issue by permanently collapsing all of the calendars into one calendar. It is actually a little hidden keyboard shortcut that I had never heard of detailed below and fully at this link.
NOTE: These instructions will permanently move the calendar entries from one calendar to the default calendar. There is no way to undo it…
If calendar entries exist on a Device Default calendar, complete the following steps:
- Open the Calendar.
- Press the menu key.
- Choose Options
- Type MOVE on the keypad.
- You will be asked to move all appointments in the base system calendar. Choose YES to accept moving all entries in the Device Default calendar to the default active calendar.
- Perform a hard reset of the BlackBerry smartphone by taking the battery out while the BlackBerry smartphone is still powered on and placing it back in.
This operation will move all calendar entries existing on the Device Default calendar to the active calendar shown in Options > Advanced Options > Default Services.
If calendar entries are split between two BlackBerry® Internet Service calendars, complete the following steps:
- Go to Options > Advanced Options > Default Services.
- Verify the correct email address is shown for Calendar [CICAL].
- Press the back arrow and save the changes if prompted.
- In the Advanced Options menu, choose Service Book.
- Highlight the entry for the calendar you do not want. This will appear as firstname.lastname@example.org [CICAL].
- Press the menu key and choose Delete.
By deleting a CICAL, any calendar entries associated with it are moved to a Device Default calendar. This step can be repeated if additional calendars contain entries you want to move.
Once all desired entries have been moved to the Device Default calendar using the above steps, follow steps 1 through 5 at the beginning of the resolution area, then resend service books to the BlackBerry smartphone.
Service books can be resent to the BlackBerry smartphone by completing the tasks in KB02830.
If the calendar is synchronized to a computer with BlackBerry® Desktop Manager software, the configuration for BlackBerry Desktop Manager will need to be reset and set up again before completing another synchronization. For more information on synchronization settings, see KB17022.