Tashanna let me know that Lyricidal has released a slick new tool called Create-A-JAD. It essentially lets you just drag over the COD files you wish to install and it will walk you through creating a JAD file for OTA installation. It will also help with creating a ALX file for desktop installs or a .bat file for Javaloader installs. This is nothing you could not do with a simple text editor if you knew what you were doing but this sure does simplify it!
You can find the ZIP download for the app at this link.
- Enter information requested (All are required except for description)
- Drag and drop all the files needed for your app install into the white box under Files.
- If you haven’t already, enter the filename (no extension) and choose what type of install you need: .JAD is for OTA, .ALX is for Desktop Install, and Both does both of them.
- Click Create It!
- Enjoy your new OTA/Desktop Install!
Get Your OTA Up and Running
- Upload all .cods required, the .jad, and the .htaccess file created to your webspace
- Keep in mind for OTA installs you will need a .htaccess file in the directory specifying the MIME types for OTA installers like:
- Go to the link to your .jad file from your phone
- Install away!
AddType text/vnd.sun.j2me.app-descriptor .jad
AddType application/vnd.rim.cod .cod
To Use In Desktop Install
- Copy and paste the created .alx file in your OS’s folder (ie. 9530-v220.127.116.11_P18.104.22.168)
- Copy and paste the .cod files into the Java folder (if you checked that box when creating the .alx) or into the same OS folder as step 1 (if you left the checkbox unchecked)
- Install using AppLoader (Loader.exe) or Desktop Manager
Let us know how it works for you!