Sports Illustrated has officially launched the app that we told you about earlier today. For some reason they released the app twice in the App World at this link and at this link… It looks like the app is powered by Polar Mobile which has become a pretty popular app firm recently. The app is totally free from what I can tell and you can read the description below:
Stay current on the hot sports news and topics of the day with Sports Illustrated s free application for your BlackBerry®. SI s world famous writing and photography get delivered directly to your device along with the latest scores of your favorite pro and college teams.
- Easy and fast access to everything by Sports Illustrated s writers on SI.com, including Peter King s MMQB, Tom Verducci s Inside Baseball, Jon Heyman s Daily Scoop, Stewart Mandel s Inside College Football and Jon Wertheim s Inside Tennis.
- Truth & Rumors brings you the biggest news and buzz from every sport.
- Enjoy the stunning photography that made SI famous with our SI Photos section, updated many times a day with fresh new galleries.
- Get Breaking News before your friends and co-workers with our background delivery system that lights up your SI icon. When a big story breaks, you will be the first to know.
- Latest news, scores and standings for your favorite leagues — NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, college hoops and college football — as well as news and commentary on soccer, NASCAR, tennis, boxing, cycling, horse racing, Olympics and cycling.
- Share articles and galleries via e-mail, Twitter or Delicious. You can even e-mail the story to yourself for later viewing.
- Personalization — Customize the top nav to include only the sports you follow.
- Switch to text view — enable this feature to eliminate images and allow for even faster navigation through sections and headlines