UPDATE: RIM released a knowledge base article recommending that you disable Google Sync if you encounter calendar sync issue. Talk about a wonderful workaround!
Last week we ran a poll asking all of you to share your experiences with Google Sync. Over 600 readers participated in the poll and provided comments. It turns out that my friend was not alone in his issues with Google Sync.
The poll results were kind of shocking based on the fact that 32% responded that they have been having issues with Google Sync for their calendars or contacts. That is compared to only 39% who have had no problems.
Problems seem to range from bugs to programming limitations including:
- Duplicate calendars after sync
- Duplicate contacts if you don’t clear your BlackBerry address book first
- Unable to even get it to work
- No one way sync option
- When you remove a calendar entry from Google Calendar it will remove it from your BlackBerry and automatically send out a cancellation notice to all the attendees
- It may also remove events older that 2 weeks from your BlackBerry resulting in cancellation notices sent to all attendees
- Does not correctly translate all day events
- Recurring events are converted into multiple one time single events
- Unable to sync to calendar other than default
Have I missed anything?