We usually do not mention carrier specific enterprise discounts and offers but Chris sent over the latest September offer from AT&T which is impressive. I am not that versed in carrier discounts but a free BES license with activation sounds like a big deal:
- Free 20 user BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5.0 (MSRP $3,999) with purchase and activation of 20 BlackBerry or BlackBerry Connect smartphones
- Free 5 user BlackBerry Professional Software (MSRP $499) with purchase and activation of 5 BlackBerry or BlackBerry Connect Smartphones
- 50% off 10 user CAL packs (MSRP $699 promo price of $349.50) with purchase and activation of 10 BlackBerry or BlackBerry Connect Smartphones
In short if you are planning on purchasing an activating 10+ BlackBerrys you can get a very nice discount on your BES overhead. The interesting part is that AT&T is still pushing BlackBerry Professional Software which has not seen an upgrade since BES 4.1 Service Pack 4 which puts it WAYYY behind BES 5.0 not to mention the fact that it is missing the features like HTML email in BES 4.1 Service Pack 6. Last I heard BPS was supposed to get the axe already.
Check out the full discount doc by clicking on the image to the right. There is some fine print that you should read if you are interested after the jump
- BES must be active and in use within 60 days of order date. Limit 1 per customer.
- New activations only; requires at least a one-year service contract on BlackBerry or BlackBerry Connect data plans (excluding BlackBerry Enterprise 4 MB data plans) for all activations. Devices must be submitted on a single order, or on multiple orders submitted on a single calendar day. Supported AT&T BlackBerry Connect smartphones include: AT&T Tilt™ and MOTO Q™ Global.
- Multiple discounted CAL packs per customer permitted to a maximum of 5 CAL packs, provided that equivalent number of BlackBerry and/or BlackBerry Connect smartphones are purchased and activated as per footnote 2