VLC Remote Control is a slick new app from Chocolate Chunk Apps that lets you control your VLC player from your BlackBerry. It is one of the coolest new applications I use on my BlackBerry and I highly recommend it. In case you don’t know VLC is a popular and FREE video player for Windows, Mac, and many other operating systems that plays practically anything you throw at it.
GIVEAWAY: Chocolate Chunk Apps was kind enough to offer up 50 free copies to the first users with a Bold or 8900 Curve that use the coupon code vlcberryreview at this link. Please don’t forget to leave a comment with your thanks and a review!
In case you do not win you can pick up a copy for $4.99 on sale until Aug 21st after which it goes up to $9.99. There is also a free week trial at the same link!
- All standard media player controls (play/pause, next/previous, Fast-Forward/Rewind etc)
- Click-and-Scan through media using the BlackBerry trackball! Perfect for scanning through long movies.
- Change the volume using volume keys on side of device.
- Browse PC/Mac file system in real time (including external drives) and add to playlist instantly.
- Select from real time on-screen playlist to switch tracks/video.
- Save multiple VLC connections (home, office etc)
- Some features and shortcut Keys (these features can all be accessed from non-shortcut menus, buttons etc as well):
- Previous/Next track: o/p
- RW/FW skip: k/l
- Play/Pause toggle: space bar
- volume: Blackberry volume control on side of device
- Mute toggle: m
- Browse computer hard drive: d
- Add to playlist: a
- Add to playlist and play: p
- Full Screen mode/Minimize mode toggle: f