Gwabbit sent me an email letting me know that their recognition engine has been upgraded to version 2. Specific updates include:
- Better recognition of non-US phone numbers and non-US addresses
- Better recognition and parsing of HTML emails, taking into account the formatting of the signature block, including stylized text
- Improved handling for new varieties of signature structures, based on the feedback submitted
- Better separation of the “thread” (older email in the same conversation) so as to more accurately identify contact information of the sender
- Overall improved recognition
What do you think?