We have been covering the BlackBerry App World 126.96.36.199 release quite a bit today. Now we have the official change log thanks to RIM. I also got the great news that a colleague of mine, Douglas Soltys, is now working as RIM’s official Blog Manager and I expect great things from him! He let me know that Alex K put up a short tutorial on RIM’s official blog at this link.
Official change log below:
- Enhanced discovery
- View the catalog by free vs. paid top downloads
- Additional categories and sub-categories
- Customers can sort their search results by:
- Highest Rated
- Price (lowest/highest)
- Developer (alphabetical)
- Application Name (alphabetical)
- Archive apps: Customers can now archive their apps to SD Card or on-device storage memory and reinstall when they want to use them
New customers can go to Mobile.BlackBerry.com or www.BlackBerry.com/AppWorld to download BlackBerry App World 1.1. Current users will be notified of the new version a red star on the BlackBerry App World icon.
Available to download in five languages (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish), BlackBerry App World 1.1 is also now available to customers in Italy, France, Spain, Germany, Ireland, Austria, Luxembourg, Belgium, Netherlands, Portugal and the Channel Islands, as well as those in the U.S., UK and Canada.