GPSLogger is a very popular free/donationware app from the makers of BBFileScout. It lets you record your movements using GPS on your BlackBerry without an internet connection. It includes elevation, speed, and some additional data. GPSLogger can also direct you to a location that you either entered manually or have previously recorded which is useful for Geocaching.
EmacBerry has just released GPSLogger 1.0 which is now out of beta.
- Options reorganized – on BlackBerry® devices it’s quite common to separate the application options into various screens – this makes the options way more organized and easiert to understand.
- Distance Signal – new ‘Special Options’ to specify ‘Vibrate Time’ and ‘Audio Volume’
- The specified ‘Path directory’ will be checked at each startup (if writable) – if not the Options dialog will be opened
- New General Option: ‘Start in NightMode’
- New General Option: ‘Confirm deletion of Paths and Points’
- New General Option: ‘Allow start without GPS-Signal’
- New dialog to enter locations in the Degree, Minutes (decimal) format (like: 47° 56.112 N)
- Export (KML, GPX and CVS) of single Locations (from the Location Manager) – Key shortcut: [Z|X]
- GPX-Import will support files that contain location information in <rtept> elements
You can read more and donate at the product page or download it ota using the links below:
Devices with OS 4.2.1+
Devices with OS 4.6+