Last week we told you about the powerful MyNetDiary calorie counting BlackBerry application that ties into the MyNetDiary website. The app supports the Bold, Tour, Storm, & 8900 Curve and packs a serious dieting punch.
Giveaway details: MyNetDiary has been kind enough to offer up twenty 3 month subscriptions to MyNetDiary to the first readers who email [email protected] and tell them why they could use MyNetDiary. That’s a pretty good deal considering a 3 month subscription costs $24.
In case you miss the giveaway you can pickup the app OTA at the bottom of this product page but you need to subscribe to their service to get access to the member section, twitter integration, community, and to sync from the app to the website. Subscriptions start at $5/month annually.
- Much quicker food search: searching while you type (like Google Suggest, the only app or website than can do that). It also learns user’s preferences on the fly, so food entry most cumbersome in other calorie counters takes only a few taps/clicks with MyNetDiary.
- The best food database – over 88,000 foods – accurate and up to date, covering US, UK, and Canada, so you rarely need to enter food labels. Older BlackBerry apps have about 7,000 foods, and several new apps (such as LiveStrong and FatSecret) rely on user-entered foods (as a side note: with quite horrible results, especially LiveStrong).
- The BlackBerry app syncs with our state-of-the-art web site, all Ajax and very fast and easy to use.
- Modern and well organized community for people to share their experiences and receive support and motivation from peers. Members can participate in groups and teams, keep an eye on friends’ progress, write blog entries, share custom foods, etc. The community forum is supported by a Registered Dietitian.
- Twitter integration: choose what you want to send, and MyNetDiary will send the tweets from the BlackBerry app or from web site.
- The BlackBerry app is as advanced and full-featured as our great iPhone app. This is truly the most comprehensive and easy calorie counter for BlackBerry.