We have mentioned WiFi File Transfer for BlackBerry a few times on BerryReview as an awesome application that lets you transfer files to and from your BlackBerry using your desktop web browser. Its a really cool application and really simplifies the file transfer process sans cables.
Chocolate Chunk Apps has been kind enough to provide us with two offers for our readers:
- Giveaway: The first 50 readers who head to this link and use the coupon code wftfreecopy will get a free copy of WiFi File Transfer
- 50% Off Sale: Chocolate Chunk Apps has also discounted their application to $4.99 until July 13th from the regular $9.99 price
Check it out at this link and let us know if you get a free copy!
From the description:
Wi-Fi File Transfer for BlackBerry allows the transfer of files from a PC or Mac directly to your BlackBerry over Wi-Fi using your browser. No need for Desktop Manager, Media Manager, USB drivers or any other 3rd party applications: Just a BlackBerry Bold, PC/Mac with browser and a Wi-Fi network.
What you need:
- A BlackBerry Wi-Fi capable device with OS 4.5+ with Wi-Fi File Transfer installed.
- A PC or Mac with browser
- A Wi-Fi network.
- Make sure your device and PC or Mac are on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Start “Wi-Fi File Transfer” on the device. An IP address will be shown.
- Type this IP address into the PC or Mac browser and start browsing your BlackBerry! Upload and download files directly from the browser.
- View the BlackBerry file system from the browser and transfer any files to and from device internal memory (900Mb for BOLD) or SD card. Turn your BlackBerry into a memory stick!
- Upload movies, pictures and music directly to your BlackBerry and view them with the BlackBerry device Media Player.
- View and play pictures, music, PDF files etc. stored on your BlackBerry straight from the browser.
- Browse, rename, delete, and create new folders on the BlackBerry from either the browser or the device application itself.