Its kind of humbling when you read this article on FierceWireless. Mike Dano compiled a list of the top 10 largest wireless operators in the first quarter. The biggest US carrier, Verizon, barely made it on the list. Granted many of these operators have carriers in multiple countries and markets compared to Verizon’s single market but still…
Its just mind blowing how China takes the cake with almost 500 million subscribers. T-Mobile ranks well as 6th place but that is mostly due to its many markets including T-Mobile US. I can’t imagine what would happen if China would finally open the floodgates for the BlackBerry BIS users.
Check out the listing below:
- China Mobile 478.8 million
- Vodafone Group 247.3 million
- Telefonica Group 190.1 million
- America Movil Group 174.9 million
- China Unicom 137.7 million
- Deutsche Telekom Group (T-Mobile) 127.1 million
- Telnor Group 96.6 million
- Airtel (Bharti) 93.9 million
- MTS Group 92.2 million
- Verizon Wireless 86.6 million
Thanks DavidB for sending this one in!