We mentioned the slick WiFi File Transfer application a bit back but then it was only available for the Bold. The developer let me know that it now supports all Wi-Fi capable BlackBerrys with OS 4.5+ including the 8900 Curve, 8320 Curve, 8820… Though I am not sure about the 8220. Storm support is out because it does not have Wi-Fi.
This application simply lets you copy, rename, and delete files off your BlackBerry from your desktop browser. They have a free lite version that has all the features except that delete, rename, & create directory are disabled.
I definitely recommend checking the app out if you have a Wi-Fi device. The free lite version is at this link and right now the full version is going for $9.99 which is not bad considering other apps in the category.
From the description:
Wi-Fi File Transfer for BlackBerry allows the transfer of files from a PC or Mac directly to your BlackBerry over Wi-Fi using your browser. No need for Desktop Manager, Media Manager, USB drivers or any other 3rd party applications: Just a BlackBerry Bold, PC/Mac with browser and a Wi-Fi network.
What you need:
- A BlackBerry Wi-Fi capable device with OS 4.5+ with Wi-Fi File Transfer installed.
- A PC or Mac with browser
- A Wi-Fi network.
- Make sure your device and PC or Mac are on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Start “Wi-Fi File Transfer” on the device. An IP address will be shown.
- Type this IP address into the PC or Mac browser and start browsing your BlackBerry! Upload and download files directly from the browser.
- View the BlackBerry file system from the browser and transfer any files to and from device internal memory (900Mb for BOLD) or SD card. Turn your BlackBerry into a memory stick!
- Upload movies, pictures and music directly to your BlackBerry and view them with the BlackBerry device Media Player.
- View and play pictures, music, PDF files etc. stored on your BlackBerry straight from the browser.
- Browse, rename, delete, and create new folders on the BlackBerry from either the browser or the device application itself.