Review: Speck Products Storm Cases
So here I am, a month or so into my ownership of the Storm (the booing can cease now, thanks! :-)) and I have yet to purchase a decent case to protect it. I have to say that I love my Storm and no one is allowed to put their grubby paws on it. This included my family. Until it was protected in a case, all phone calls made by others were done with the earpiece while I held the phone. No kidding!
Lucky for me, I was able to test drive a case made by Speck Products. It’s pretty nice. They come in 3 colors: black, red and clear. I choose clear. I have to admit that this case took me by surprise. Although it is plastic, it is very durable and fits snugly onto the Storm.
The front cover has to be snapped over the Storm while the back slides into place. Don’t worry. I have taken this case off and on several times and I have not seen any scratches from the case while being snapped on.
The case also includes a belt clip. The issue I have with the belt clip is that if you place the Storm in with the clip face out, it is a very tight fit. Someone may like that because it feels safer to them. I place my Storm face in. It slides in easily and is easily removed. Don’t worry, it won’t fall out.
From the manufacturer:
- Custom-fit hard shell design protects from scratches and scuffs
- Removable holster holds BlackBerry face in or face out
- Removable rotating belt clip
- Available in clear, red and black
- Length: 4.8 inches
- Width: 0.7 inches
- Height: 2.8 inches
- Weight: 3.5 oz.
- Colors: black, clear, red
- What is the SeeThru case made of?
The SeeThru case is made from translucent polycarbonate hard plastic.
- Will SeeThru fit on my phone?
This case will only fit on the BlackBerry Storm (9500 model) – it will not fit on other BlackBerry phones.
- Can I use all the features of my BlackBerry Storm without removing the case?
Yes, there are cutouts or ‘holes’ for all of the buttons, camera, speaker, controls, etc on your phone! Use everything without removing the case!
- 3 colors to choose from so your case is personalized to your taste.
- Made of hard plastic. Protects very well.
- Does not inhibit typing or scrolling.
- Placing case in belt with the clip facing out is a tight fit.
- No magnet to put the Storm to sleep.
Overall, I am impressed with the durability of the case as I have dropped my Storm once already and my Speck Case did its job, not a scratch or nick. You can purchase your Speck Products Case at this link for $24.95.