ShvartzBerry let me know that YouMail has updated their official BlackBerry app. The ANNOYING part is that the update is only available through the BlackBerry App World from what I can tell. They still do not have the sound notification profile support like VyMail but hopefully that is coming soon.
This release focuses on two key features:
- Power savings! As designed, the YouMail application ‘polls’ our servers for new voicemails. Now you can optimize YouMail to:
- Disable YouMail’s polling. YouMail relies on detecting SMS or e-mail alerts delivered to your phone – If you have YouMail alerts sent to your phone, polling is not necessary.
- Set the polling time to less frequent checks. This is a good compromise, if you want to ensure new voicemails are received but need to save some battery life.
- Change how YouMail alerts you about voicemails with SMS, e-mails, both, or neither.
- Activate or deactivate call forwarding to YouMail, right from the phone. Now you can switch back to your carrier’s voicemail easily whenever you need to.
- A host of other settings.
You can find the updated version in the App World. They are even offering a drawing for free 8GB iPod Touch if you upgrade today only. I really do not understand why developers are starting to only list their apps in the App World. Why limit your customers upgrade path?