I know we have done reviews in the past of PocketDay Professional (Link), but the folks at Cross River Systems (www.pocketday.com) have been hard at work over the past year updating this application that I have grown to be dependent on over the years. The most recent version that is available is v188.8.131.52. Below I will describe some of the reasons why PocketDay is invaluable to me. Let me know what you think!
- One of the things I love about PocketDay Professional is the great ability to customize it. You can change all the colors and fonts of the text and backgrounds to allow you to make it look just the way you like it. You can put your tasks at the top of the screen if you want. If email is more important to you, put that there.
- TONS of shortcuts for EASY navigation.
- Everything is integrated. Have a missed call in your log? Hit the menu key after highlighting the call and select call back. Create calendar appointments (fully integrated with the native BlackBerry Calendar) and attach a contact to the appointment right from inside. PocketDay can also be integrated into the standard BlackBerry menus, so while in an email, you can add a reminder right to the calendar.
- Another nice feature is the system info of your Berry. It shows your PIN, OS, battery life and both your carrier and WIFI signal (if you have a WIFI enabled device).
- One thing I have never been able to get working is “PocketDay Add to Calendar” that is integrated into the menus of the messages folder. It would be a nice addition to the application if I could get that to work.
- The cost also makes the app prohibitive to some. But for those power users, the adage always is “Time is Money!”
A must have for BlackBerry power users. PocketDay Professional puts nearly all communication tools of the BlackBerry in one concise application, it is incredibly customizeable and user-friendly. It has a massive features list that really needs to be tried to get the real feel. Download the very fair 30-day trial and see for yourself. And start saving up. In 30 days’ time, it’ll be tough to live without it!