Review: BEIKS Woman Calendar
Cost: $14.95 @ the BerryReview Store
NOTE: This post/review is aimed at the ladies.
Oh how the tracking of our monthly cycles on a calendar that sometimes gets lost has become a thing of past. The new, modern way of tracking turned to our BlackBerrys. BEIKS has decided to help us achieve this milestone by creating an application called Woman Calendar. BEIKS created Woman Calendar with one thing in mind: helping women who want to avoid or become pregnant by tracking their monthly and ovulations cycles all based on natural family planning practices.
This BlackBerry version offers:
- Simple and convenient Calendar-like interface
- Quick and easy entry of essential data such as factual menstruation dates and other related symptoms including temperature, mucus discharge and others
- Built-in predictions for future ovulation and menstrual periods based on past history
- Wide range of configurable parameters, including wider “abnormal cycle” ranges
- Backup and restore to media card
- Support of all BlackBerry devices running OS 4.2.1 or higher, including BlackBerry Storm 9500 and 9530
Woman Calendar can be set to your specific cycle. You can designate the length of your cycle, menstrual phase length, and fertile period. Once those are set, Woman Calendar will automatically generate your approximate cycle every month. Including ovulation cycles.
Inputting information into the Calendar is a breeze. Just choose a day and you are given the ability to enter information regarding your cycle or activities. There is also a place where you can schedule doctor appointments and Woman Calendar will transfer those appointments from the application to your BlackBerry calendar automatically.
Once this is all done, you can backup your calendar to your Media Card. Just in case something happens to your BlackBerry, like it crashes, you won’t have to worry that you’ve lost all of your precious information. If you change your device, you can reupload the last back up and be up and running again within a matter of seconds.
On a personal note, I was one of the types who would use a regular calendar to write such information down. Calculating the hard way then one day lose or misplace the calendar. Since discovering Beiks’ Woman Calendar, I no longer have to worry and since I have found much success with it, will continue to use it.