Adam G. let me know about this slick application from The Street powered by Polar Mobile. They really outdid themselves with this new app and I have to say I am impressed. Unlike the AP News app which runs in the background to get new this app uses the Push API (Or WebSignals?) to get news immediately when it comes out! You can keep the app closed and every couple of hours the icon gets the new notification star letting you know it now has new content preloaded in the app. Let me know if you find out if it is using the new Push API! I cannot wait until Viigo and other apps start using the Push API to get me news before I even think of checking it.
You can pick up the app OTA free at this link: m.thestreet.com or read more at the same link from your desktop.
From the description:
Now, get the latest market news and analysis from TheStreet.com delivered automatically to your BlackBerry wherever you go. Get the most important information you need to make informed decisions during these uncertain economic times.
App’s Key Features:
- Markets – access continuously updated market data instantly
- Analysis – get the unabridged text of news stories and commentary, including featured articles from “Jim Cramer,” “Winners & Losers,” and “Analyst Upgrades & Downgrades”
- My Stocks – Create and edit your portfolio with the latest stock quotes
RealMoney – get the latest RealMoney updates (for subscribers)
- Push-delivered content – updates are instantly downloaded to your BlackBerry smartphone as soon they become available
- Home screen notification – the icon lights up when new content has arrived
- Blazing fast browsing – content is stored to your device automatically so there is no loading time
- Offline-supported browsing – you do not need network coverage, so feel free to use the app even on the subway or airplane!
- Personalization – select which article sections you want to turn on or off
- Extras – you can send articles to contacts in your address book or send comments to the author