Since Verizon purchased Alltel back in January they have been working on integrating the two networks. They have also started switching over the billing systems and now they are finally starting to absorb the new customers into the Verizon brand. They have started with subscribers in Charlottesville, Lynchburg, Madison Heights, Martinsville and South Boston, Va. this weekend and it looks like it will keep rolling from there.
Hopefully this means the end of limbo for Alltel customers though I am still curious about what is going to happen to those divested markets…
So has Verizon converted your Alltel account/store yet? Thanks DavidB for sending this one in!
The former Alltel locations in Central Virginia which have been converted to Verizon Wireless Communications stores are located at:
- 874 Rio East Court, Charlottesville (434-973-8531)
- 100 River Bend Drive, Charlottesville (434-293-3216)
- 3919 Wards Road, Lynchburg (434-237-1729)
- 21039 Timberlake Road, Lynchburg (434-832-0378)
- 308 Amelon Square Center, Madison Heights (434-929-1248)
- 294 W. Commonwealth Blvd., Martinsville (276-666-0818)
- 4120 Halifax Rd., South Boston (434-575-5250)